Friday, June 2, 2017

Global Design Project #089

The Challenge for this weeks Global Design Project is a Color Challenge.  I took one of the Designers cards and used what I had in my stash and changed things up just a bit to create what I like to call a card for any occasions, because I have a hard time creating Wedding, Anniversary, and Graduation cards.

Would you like to play along with this Challenge CLICK HERE.

 I used a My Favorite Things die set called Sweet Rose.

I am using the colors in the challenge Calypso Coral and Old Olive for the card stock.
 The matching stamp set and cordinating ink.
 I am making four cards at once because this layout would be a great sketch challenge as well.
 I do not believe Hampton Art is making the Stamp Perfect tool anymore but I am very glad I snagged it up when I did.

Using Versa Fine Black Onyx ink and a Hampton Art Stamp set, sorry there really is no name on these sets that I picked up at Micheal's and Hobby Lobby.
 On the second stamping I added a layer of clear embossing powder.

The white card stock heavy weight panel is 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.
 I decided I wanted anouther layer of clear embossing powder so I left my stamp where it was and cleaned it off.


 This time I used Versa Mark embossing ink to stamp on top and then added the second layer of clear embossing powder.

Look at that nice thick shine.

LOVE IT.
 Because it warped just a bit I used Tombow Mono Liquid glue in a thin layer all along the white panel and added it to a heavy weight black panel that is 1/8 inch larger on each side.
 Again using a small amount of Tombow Mono Liquid glue to adhere the leaves to the flowers.
 I added foam dots to the back of the big flower mainly towards the center.

I did over lap the one dot to make sure it was over the leaf and flower.
Here is one of the designs.

I will make two cards with this design.
 I added the smaller flowers with foam as well like the big flower.

I put the foam near the edges so I could over lap the larger flower.
 The second design I have the foam like the larger flower.

In the center.
 This is the second design.

I decided to go with two designs because some of the flowers I did not stamp well and this covers my oops stamping.
 I am using the same card stock as bases, two in each color.

I decided it needed something suttle on the background.

I used Versa Fine ink which can also give a water like look or tone on tone look and a My Favorite things Linen background stamp.
Close Up.

Close Up.

Close Up.
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
- Heavy Weight Black and White paper
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
- Glitter Gold enamel dots - their brand
Target Store site http://www.target.com/

Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.


My big shot, paper trimmer, bone folder, and other adhesives can be purchased at your local or online craft supply places.

Hampton Art Stamp Perfect stamping tool and Best Wishes stamp set were purchased at Micheal's

My Stampin UP demo is Jenny Rast, You can purchase from her and support her by searching for her under the demonstrator section here http://www.stampinup.com/home/en-US/
- Calypso Coral and Old Olive ink and card stock
- Stampin Dimensionals

To purchase My Favorite Things products click here http://mftstamps.com/
- Sweet Rose stamp and die set
- Linen background stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment