Thursday, March 12, 2015

St Patrick's Day Treat Bags

Tonight we finished our Saint Patricks day treat bags, well almost, we are short pencils but we got the majority of the process done.

I got the apple sauce idea and printable over at Smashed Peas and Carrots.

 This is an ek success punch that I purchased at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon.

I printed out the free printable over at Smashed Peas and Carrots website using Heavy Weight card stock also the Hobby Lobby brand called The Paper Studio.
 We used Elmers glue sticks and I have to tell you they do stick in the end, you need to put glue on the back of the printable and the top of the apple sauce, we were not shy on the glue and we also stacked them as we glued them so they would have time to dry.

It seems at first they wont dry but they do, we made 36 applesauce tops and had three glue sticks.
Alivia helping out, some will be used for her gymnastic friends.

I had to help her secretly and add more glue.

Shes a do it yourselfer you know.
 The bulk of the applesauce cups will go to Alexis class, there are 24 kids in her class.

We put some construction paper underneath as we glued so not to ruin the table.
 To get 36 cups we printed out three sheets.

I bought two 18 box cases of applesauce at Walmart, that seemed the most logical and price savy.

If you are doing these for a small group you could get the green cups that are in the six or eight packs.
 I am including this picture because apparently my 3 1/2 year old Alivia took it while we were not looking.
Glue dots, where oh where would I be with out you.

I always buy a back of glue dots anytime I go to Micheal's or Hobby Lobby because they are great for Google Eyes.

These are the Medium sized, and I love to stock up when Micheal's has the 20 percent off everything coupon.
 I purchased two of these from Micheal's when they were 30% off.

I have to say though, we either lost some of the Lucky parts or they didn't put enough in the boxes because some of our clovers had not Lucky's on them.

I love to snatch these up after holidays as well when they are on clearance.
 One long strip of google eyes.

Doing things in steps makes making alot of treat bags easier.
 Alivia helping, she comes and goes but does end up helping 75% of the time.
Finished, I also got the clover treat bags from Micheal's and the pencils and gold coins came from the $1 store.
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/

Target Store siet http://www.target.com/

Find me on Face Book, click here https://www.facebook.com/Craftyjennifer
Find me on Pinterest, click here http://www.pinterest.com/craftyjeffiners/
I am on Instagram too, craftjeffiner

No comments:

Post a Comment