Friday, October 3, 2014

Inked Ripped Mummy Card

I was searching pinterest and found this cute Halloween card set, I totally Cased but also added my own touch. Here is the link to the ORIGINAL idea.

 So here I took some white card stock and cut it at a width of 4 inches. I tore it just randomly and you will need about five to six strips of torn white card stock, make sure to have two that have a smooth edge because that will be your top and bottom.

I inked the edges with Pumice Stone distress ink by Tim Holtz, using my mini distress ink blending tool.
 And then I crumbled them up, totally if you want.
 I put this picture in still because I did a boo boo, don't ink the whole piece.
 Just ink one edge.
 By inking one edge you are able to slip into the first one. I am using Tombow Mono Multi Glue for this purpose but you can certainly use your favorite adhesive.
 I did make sure to have a little black opening on the top to put my googly eyes. also I am lifting the corners up to adhere some extra glue now that the pieces are down.
Finished card, Googly Eyes came from the Dollar Store.

I used Heavy Weight Black Card Stock from Hobby Lobby as my base.

My stamping is from My Favorite Things stamp set called Spider Web.

To purchase My Favorite Things products click here http://mftstamps.com/
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment